While creeping through photos from New York Fashion Week (yes, this type of creeping is socially acceptable) I noticed one major trend: all things furry were suddenly looking very chic. So what else is an editor-in-training to do but document the trend? It’s what Anna would do, so here are my top 5 favorite animal moments from the urban jungle:
1. Cat in the Hat, I mean, cat hats? Don’t let these almost identical looks from PPQ and Anna Sui cross your path.
2. Cruella DeVil apparently took a turn on the design team for Topshop Unique this season. But you know, I can see why she was so obsessed…
3. The Row gets a number all its own. That is a fur dress. Need I say more about this one?
4. Leave it to Isaac. Yes, they have matching hair.
5. In perhaps the most perplexing yet abundant trend of the week, furry arms were everywhere. And I do mean everywhere.
So much fluffiness. New Yorkers will never be cold again. Or at least their arms won’t be.
Have you done any trend spotting of your own? What were your favorite NYFW moments?