Since I’m a complete Type A personality, I love to make lists. Especially of trends, obviously. So here are my top five trends from the British during their particularly bold fashion week!
1. There were loud patterns clashing everywhere, but in a gorgeously bright way of course!
2. The fur trend continued across the pond, still popping up on sleeves everywhere, but also manifesting itself in other fresh and unexpected ways like the fur skirt! (Is it wrong that I sort of want one?)
3. Back to the brights! Even though these are the fall/winter collections, who says you can’t go for some sunnier shades? If Burberry says so, then clearly it’s more than okay.
4. Of course since we’re talking about London, structure was as important as ever.
5. Finally, in an interesting departure from the lighthearted majority of London Fashion Week, there was a substantial amount of goth-inspired darkness. Who knew London had such a dark side?
What are your favorite moments? And who do you think is winning so far, New York or London? Stay tuned for Milan!